Computer Software for Steel Professionals
Welcome to our Web site!
This site is your source for sales and support information regarding the Structural Material Manager software system.
Software for the Steel Industry
Structural Material Manager is a network-ready, Windows-based program that aids steel fabricators in managing material lists. The system:
- Weighs steel / stainless / aluminum items
- Provides a total material cost for the job
- Tallies the shop and field labor hours
- Supplies bolt counts for each size bolt
- Reports lineal totals for all section sizes
- Prints shipping tickets / master shippers
- Prints a production-control history as a complete shipping status report or just a shortage report
- Computes surface areas and actual paint and primer requirements
- Sorts items into proper order by type, section size, length and grade
- Nests lineal items into available stock lengths for an optimal cut, whether from in-house inventory, your supplier's stock or the best combination of both
- Nests plates into specified sheet sizes and draws the optimum layout
First released in 1985, Structural Material Manager is installed in over 1,400 locations with more than 3,700 licensed users among them.
From the beginning, E.J.E. Industries, Inc. has been firmly rooted in the structural steel industry.
Formed in 1980 by the late Edward J. Easterday, Jr., we were initially a structural detailing firm.
In 1984, we diversified our operations to include custom-designed computer hardware and software, both of which were aimed specifically at the steel industry. Our flagship product - the Structural Material Manager software system - was released in 1985.
By 1989, Structural Material Manager had become E.J.E. Industries' sole focus and remains so to this day.